A Lively Book
ODC President Tammy
Dubin facilitated a discussion about the book The Winner's Brain by Jeff
Brown and Mark Fenske. The book breaks down our well known topic of
Emotional Intelligence. To Tammy, this is the first book that offers
great information about the parts of the brain responsible for our specific
behavior and research of what makes up a winner's brain. It also offers a
self-assessment and hands-on strategies to use in your coaching practice.
Some are new strategies, some we know. However, it is broken down in a
way that is easy to use with clients to apply Emotional Intelligence.
Location: Panera Bread 5090 Tiedemen Rd.
Following this book discussion, Tammy
facilitated a speed-book-review session like the one done July, 2010.
- The Addictive Organization
(Anne Wilson Schaef and Dianne Fassell)
- When Society Becomes an Addict
(Anne Wilson Schaef)
- Bringing You Best Self to Work
with the Enneagram
- The Heart Arroused (David
- Crossing the Unknown Sea (David Whyte)
- The Secrets of ower (Ingo
- The Art of Possibility
(Rosamond Stone Zander and Benhamin Zander)
- The No Asshole Rule (Robert
- Hard Facts, Dangerous Half Truths
and Total Nonsense ( Jeffery Pfeffer & Robert Sutton)
- Community: The Structure in
Belonging (Peter Block)
- My Stroke of Insight (Jill
Bolte Taylor, Ph.D)